I began documenting births back in 2017 and since that time, I have built two successful documentation businesses - Susan Stange Film and Photo in Utah, and Susan Joy here in AZ.
I know the ins and outs of beginning a new business, how to create impactful art that tells a story, appeal to your ideal client, communicate effectively with clients, work with other birth workers, and use equipment and tools that will make it possible for you to deliver professional, quality products.
As your mentor, I want to start where you are and grow from there. Our first meeting will be a complimentary video call where you can ask me questions about my experience building my business, my view on documentation and story-telling, and I can ask you what you are hoping to learn from our mentorship and where you especially want/need help.
Once we have decided what your needs are and which package would be best, we will schedule our first meeting that can take place in-person at my home in Mesa, or again via video call. Each session lasts one hour and focuses on one or maybe two areas of your choosing.
I offer three customizable packages: The Comprehensive Package, the Refresher Package, and the Drop-In Package.
• The Comprehensive Package includes 6 meetings, 2-4 gallery reviews, website/social media consultation, and continued support for additional questions here and there as you go on to grow your business.
• The Refresher Package includes 3 meetings, 2 gallery reviews, and a website consultation.
• The Drop-In Package includes 1 meeting and either a gallery review or website/social media consultation.
• Birth experience
• Camera Settings
• Appealing to your ideal client
• Defining your ideal client
• Setting up a website
• Legalizing your business
• Marketing yourself on SM
• Composing an image
• Getting referrals
• Communicating with clients
If you like my work and it sounds like I might be able to help you, let's talk!
Each package includes one complimentary pre-consultation to see if we are a good fit and determine what your needs are. From there, we can determine if the Comprehensive, Refresher, or Drop-In Mentorship will be best. Please leave an inquiry with a detailed description of what you're looking for in a mentorship and we will schedule a complimentary consultation!